Thursday, March 8, 2012

I may have a vocabulary of 150,000 words but the only title I can come up with is the one you just read

In honor of this most holy and solemn season, I have decided to publish a list of my very favorite, inspiring quotes. These aren't simply phrases my friends accidentally uttered or witty sayings I poached from someone's facebook account, these are, in your author's humble opinion, the work of great minds who have summarized vast truths or concepts in one or two sentences. I love them so much because I think they are the product of wise minds with more knowledge than I may ever know. They are not necessarily religious, but all present food for thought.

Michelle's Lenten Quotes:

"To live without faith, without a patrimony to defend, without a steady struggle for the truth, that is not living, but existing."
- Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati


"You ask me whether I am in good spirits, how could I not be so? As long as faith gives me strength I will always be joyful."
- Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati


"Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing." - Mother Teresa


"The line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either - but right through every human heart."
-Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn


"Great minds have purposes; little minds have wishes. Little minds are subdued by misfortunes; great minds rise above them."
-Washington Irving


"Nothing shows a man's character more than what he laughs at."
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


"...that they may arrive at their desires...not of inevitable necessity but of culpable will."
-St. Augustine, On Patience


"What benefits the body is called medicine; what benefits the soul, discipline."
-St. Augustine, Of the Morals of the Catholic Church


"I am happy because I am alive and now I know it."
-One of the most incredible women I've ever met


"When we were lost and could not find the way to You, You loved us more than ever."
- Eucharistic Prayer for Reconciliation I

3 comments:

Kiasia West said...

Carpe Diem:)

Please check out my blog Once Upon a Time (kiasia-west.blogspot.com) I would greatly appreciate it:)

build magnetic said...

WOW!! I have visit your blog. So Cute!! Thanks for providing us a useful knowledge from your blog.

MLM Network Marketing training tips by Jerry Chen, including exclusive industry expert interviews revealing true stories behind their home business success.Please visit on these keywords also:-- mlm training | network marketing training | build a magnetic network | mlm training blogs | network marketing training blogs| jerry chen's blog | click here to view more | jerry chen | better networker instruction jerry chen's blog | check out his blog | take a look at jerry chen's blog

Gaius said...

Really enjoy your blog. Your post are well written, in depth and informative.

If you get the chance check my blog out @ http://thesunglowboutique.blogspot.com/

ps. keep up the good work!